Please see my CV for a complete list of publications.
- The Transmission of Inequality across Multiple Generations: Testing Recent Theories with Evidence from Germany (with J. Stuhler), Economic Journal, forthcoming.
- Nuclear Power Plant Closures and Local Housing Values: Evidence from Fukushima and the German Housing Market (with T.K. Bauer and M. Kvasnicka). Journal of Urban Economics, 2017, 99: 94-106. Media Coverage: FAZ, WAZ.
- Immigration and Sectoral Change: Evidence from Post-war Germany (with M. Kvasnicka), Journal of International Economics, 2014, 93 (2), 253–269.
- Implementing Quotas in University Admissions: An Experimental Analysis (with N. Dwenger, D. Kübler, A. Westkamp). Games and Economic Behavior, 2014, 85: 232-251.
- The Employment Effects of Immigration: Evidence from the Mass Arrival of German Expellees in Post-war Germany (with T. Omar Mahmoud), The Journal of Economic History, 2014, 74 (1), 69-108.
- The Economic Integration of Forced Migrants: Evidence for Post-war Germany (with T.K. Bauer and M. Kvasnicka). Economic Journal, 2013, 123(571): 998-1024. Media Coverage: FAS.
- Men, Women, and the Ballot. Gender Imbalances and Suffrage Extensions in US States (with M. Kvasnicka). Explorations in Economic History, 2013, 50 (3): 405–426. Media Coverage: NYT (blog).
- The Local Environment Shapes Refugee Integration: Evidence from Post-war Germany (with N. Dwenger), St Andrews Economics and Finance Discussion Paper Series 11, 2017.
- Local Labor Markets and the Persistence of Population Shocks (with A. Kramer and M. Kvasnicka), St Andrews Economics and Finance Discussion Paper Series 15, 2017.
- How do Regional Labor Markets Adjust to Immigration? A Dynamic Analysis for Post-war Germany (with H. Weber), Kiel Working Paper 2025, 2016.